Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday

So today is Wednesday. I've been extremely busy recently so my apologies for not updating for a couple days. The more I update, the more sane you can assume my life is. This past week was not the ideal time to be so busy. Rookie camp started. If memory serves I've only commented on day 1 of that.

Of course I've been reading Tarik and Corey's blogs, as well as all my usual rounds. From what I gather from those is that the pace is very quick. Boudreau's short list, according to Tarik, are Alzner (no surprise) and John Carlson. I'm anxious to see how Carlson performs under Dale Hunter in London this season. You can never have enough good young defensemen.

Also from camp, Anton Gustuffson hasn't practiced since the "Miracle" like suicides after day 1 of camp. Doctors have said that the herniated disc in his back will take two full years to recover from. Why did we pick him again? My guess is that he is Eric Fehr in the making. Never getting to meet his full potential because of injuries all through juniors.

Good news away from camp. OFB had a post about tickets for the upcoming season. Individual gamers go on sale Sept. 20. Both Pittsburghs and Detroit are already sold out. That means the only way for Pen's fans to get tickets is to spend a fortune on tickets at Stubhub or Ebay. You can pretty much bank on adding about 4, 000 fans a night to what we had each game last year.

I'm extremely tired. I'll write a bit more when there's something worth writing about.

No comments: